Friday, November 19, 2021

Figurative bust















Going into this project I was looking at current world problems but it ended at me looking at problems and worldly issues in myself. One being body dyspormya. This is a not so known about problem that leads people in which you can't stop thinking about one or more perceived defects or flaws in your appearance. For me it was a flaw that appears minor or can't be seen by others. This can lead to embarrassment, anxious thoughts or even just constantly working for that ideal body type. 

I wanted these bust to reflect me and my story about this issue. One bust on the right is a skinny but well built kid, it reflects how I currently see myself. The other bust on the left reflects another side of me, where I see myself as always waning to be bigger, as I've always been the skinny one. 

I made these bust to reflect on each other and be able to looked at in many ways. These mirrors not only show this but define how both ways can be looked at. 

Going onto the base, I wanted this to be a major factor, one that draws the viewers eyes away but while still having a huge meaning. The tile is suppose to reflect the idea that this mental health disorder mainly effects me while im in the bathroom looking at myself in the mirror. The colors and strong patterns reflect this idea of a bathroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner and a Movie

Colors, lighting, shape, contrast and flow all came to be while working on the project “Dinner and a Movie”. My colors portray a sense of mi...