Friday, November 19, 2021

Gregor's Room













Artist statement: I started this project with having a strong background  about the book that our art pieces were based upon. With this knowledge I created my own imagery of Gregors (the main character) room. I wanted the room to be what the viewer recognized as a room but everything will be slightly off. I first created a bed but it is slightly raised and tilted. To create this, I used pegs and tons of paper wraps that were dipped in water to create a paste like substance. This was used on most if not all of my items. Another piece of furniture I made was the dresser. This was made by just creating a square but by also using acrylic water down paint to create the color texture to it. 

Overall, my finals results is what I wanted it to be, a direct reflection of my own imagery. I semi realistic room but where wetting has a sense of question is exactly what I was hoping for. The dark colors and the snake like character of Gregor reflect how I viewed his room to be. Dark, dreary and down right depressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dinner and a Movie

Colors, lighting, shape, contrast and flow all came to be while working on the project “Dinner and a Movie”. My colors portray a sense of mi...